This slightly chewy slightly crispy cooking is the perfect balance of texture and flavor but the perfect chocolate chip cookie is only part recipe; technique and removal from the oven is crucial as well. The trick for a great cookie is not allowing the cooking to over cook in the oven. The cookie should look only cooked on the edges when you take it out of the oven and it will set as it continues to cool and chilling the dough before baking keeps the cookies from becoming too flat as they bake. For a richer tasting cooking always use Plugra butter.
- [php snippet=1]
- [php snippet=2]
- [php snippet=3]
- Parchment Paper or [php snippet=4]
- [php snippet=5]
|Flour, all-purpose||100||265g||2 cups & 3 tbsp|
|Butter, unsalted||64||170g||1 1/2 stick|
|Brown Sugar, dark||71.5||190g||1 cup|
|White Sugar||35.8||95g||1/2 cups|
|Baking Soda||1||2.5g||1/2 tsp|
|Egg Yolk||15||40g||2 large|
|Egg White||11.5||30g||1 large|
|Vanilla Extract||5.3||15g||1 tbsp|
|Cinnamon, ground||1.1||3g||1/2 tsp|
|Semisweet Chocolate Chips||62||165g||1 3/4 cups|
- Line baking pan with parchment paper or silicone baking mat. If neither grease with butter.
- Mix flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt together.
- Mix together softened butter and both sugars in a separate bowl.
- Whisk in vanilla, egg white and egg yolks until light and creamy with the butter and sugar. Approximately 3 minutes with a vigorous whisking action.
- Mix in the sifted dry ingredients until just blended with a spatula. (Don’t over mix!)
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Cover and put dough in refrigerator for 90 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325°F (165°C). If you have an oven thermometer use it to double check oven temperature.
- Use ¼ cup scoop, roll into a ball and place on cookie sheet 3” apart.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes in preheated oven. Remove them when the slightest change in color starts to appear.
- Allow to cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before removing. Store in sealed container.