These classic pairing of strawberry and bananas frozen is the perfect treat to cool off during that summer eat. This recipe is quick and easy to make at home and packed with over a pound of real fruit with a bit of yougurt to add a creamy flavor
- [php] include(‘http://www.homemadeeats.com/tools/popsicle-mold.php’) [/php]
- [php] include(‘http://www.homemadeeats.com/tools/fry-pan.php’) [/php]
- [php] include(‘http://www.homemadeeats.com/tools/measuring-spoon.php’) [/php] / [php] include(‘http://www.homemadeeats.com/tools/measuring-cup.php’) [/php] or [php] include(‘http://www.homemadeeats.com/tools/digital-scale.php’) [/php]
- [php] include(‘http://www.homemadeeats.com/tools/spatula.php’) [/php]
- [php] include(‘http://www.homemadeeats.com/tools/potato-masher.php’) [/php]
- [php] include(‘http://www.homemadeeats.com/tools/cutting-board.php’) [/php]
- [php] include(‘http://www.homemadeeats.com/tools/chef-knife.php’) [/php]
Yield: 6 large popsicles or 3 cups of mixture.
|Strawberries, diced||500g||2.5 cups packed|
|White Sugar||110g||8 tablespoons|
|Banana, diced||130g||1 medium|
|Yogurt, plain**||90g||6 tablespoons|
|Water||160g||3/4 cup water|
- Chop strawberries into small pieces.
- In a fry pan over medium high heat cook strawberries, sugar and water for about 10 minutes.
- Allow strawberries to cool for a few minutes.
- Add banana and salt and mash everything together with a potato masher until mostly broke down.
- Add yogurt to mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Fill large measuring cup with a pour spout with mixture. The volume of liquid should be close to three cups, if slightly less mix in water until you reach two cups.
- Fill popsicle molds with mixture.
- Place holder / stick in the mold.
- Place in freezer for about 8 hours.
- To remove from plastic molds run hot tap water over the outside for about 15 seconds. Wait another minute and using gentle steady pressure pull the top from the mold. If one breaks or doesn’t come completely put the popsicle back in the mold and let it sit out for 30 minutes or until melted and freeze again.